Overview & Walkthrough
Thanks for installing Cross Sell. Below you'll find an overview of Cross Sell's capabilities & what it can do. Hopefully this will help you decide whether Cross Sell is the ideal solution for you.
PART 1 : WHERE CAN CROSS SELLS BE SHOWN?
Cross Sell allows you to show suggestions in 3 distinct and strategic places:
1) On product pages, when customers browse or a view a product.
2) As a popup on the product or cart page, after customers click "Add to Cart" on the product page
3) On cart pages*, when customers are ready to checkout
PART 2: TYPES OF CROSS SELLS
2) Global Product Cross Sells: These are a group of items you can show on all product pages or the Upsell Popup. By default, they’ll show on product pages IF (a) they have been setup, and (b) if no Handpicked Cross Sells exist for an item. This behavior though, can also be changed in our app’s Settings.
Global Products are a great way to showcase your Bestsellers, items “on sale” and/or “Staff Picks”.
3) Global Cart Cross Sells: These are a group of suggestions that you can show for all your products on the cart page. They’re a great way to suggest “On Sale” items, “Discounted Items” or “Don’t forget Before you Checkout” items.
PART 3: Suggested Next Steps:
- Want Cross Sell to autogenerate unique suggestions for your products? Read about smart recommendations here: https://help.csell.co/a/solutions/articles/3000093311
- Want to assign cross sells within the same collections, type or vendor? Use our nifty "Link products" feature to automate this for as much as 15 items at once: https://help.csell.co/a/solutions/articles/3000075372
- Consider generating some Automatic Discounts with Shopify (they will automatically be applied in the cart page and checkout), and promoting them in your cross sells' headers: https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/discounts/automatic-discounts
- Show product suggestions from your Best Sellers (if you just installed, we auto assign these when you install)
- Decide what cross sells to show in the app's Settings
- Review Settings -> Quickview & Popup Settings inside our app
- Finally, if you want to move cross sells to the top of the cart page, under the product thumbnails, or just below your Add to Cart button, get in touch and we'll help you get setup!
If cross sells are not showing, make sure you that have add our code snippet to your product & cart templates (this is done automatically for you if you're using the following themes: Debut, Brooklyn and Venture).
ARE CROSS SELLS NOT SHOWING?
If you've already added the snippet, and made sure that the items you've assigned are published to the Online Sales Channel, then please have a look at some other possible reasons here: https://help.csell.co/support/solutions/articles/3000047110
Questions, comments, concerns? Get in touch !